2.06.2005

Blogging my Super Bowl Party...

Hey loyal readers...

It's 10 till 4 on the holiest of holy days in the tradition of American culture - Super Bowl Sunday. Halfway through my first can of Miller High Life (the Champagne of Beers), I had the idea of keeping an hour by hour blog of my party over here. It's a motley crew I have here - my friend Tommy is even coming by. So, come, vicariously share the experience of a Super Bowl Party at the Casa Hatah...

Downstairs right now, my friend Eric and his old work buddies Steven and Larry are cooking in the kitchen. On the menu is Leg of Lamb, brussel sprouts, sausage, shrimp, and a lot of other things that will be cooked by people who are good enough to cook for a living. Perk to having a house - you can occasionally eat much better than you deserve...

As far as the game goes, here's my quick, off the top of my head, half a can of Miller High Life prediction - Game stays close through the first half (let's say 14-9 Patriots), then the Patriots run the ball a bunch in the second half, get a couple of turnovers, and build a 31-12 lead. The Eagles make a game of it, but the Patriots win their third Super Bowl in 4 years by the score of 38-29, thereby earning me $100 in the office pool...

3 Things to look for in the game today:

1) I have a hetero Man-Crush on Tom Brady - the combination of the likability and the stubble is formidable. Ladies - keep an eye on him and see if you agree with me. Since almost none of you understand football, this will give a reason to stay interested in the game.

2) The sideline reporter, Pam Oliver, has a HUGE mouth. She looks like a Muppet...

3) The Patriots helmet has a logo that resembles a Flying Elvis. About a 73 on the UCR.

I'm going downstairs to eat some more. More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;