10.27.2006

On the Exasperated Conservative

I read the following two articles today that express my feelings toward American politics right now. That is: The ones in power (Republicans) have sold out their conservative ideals and mismanaged the country, and the ones not in power (Democrats), though unified in their hatred for the ones in power, have no idea what they would do if they were the ones in power, and therefore offer no real alternative. As for me, if I could vote them all out of office, I would.

Article 1: Salon.com interview of Camille Paglia. She rips Clinton, Bush, the press, and all the presidential hopefuls for 2008. Even though she's a liberal, I think I agreed with almost everything in this interview except her atheism.

Article 2: Peggy Noonan's Editorial. Peggy Noonan reports on the fatigued feeling of the Republican "base", and astutuely notes that politicians on both sides and the press underestimate the intelligence of the individuals who make up their bases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;