1.29.2007

Hillary and Obama...

...commenting on the impending Iraq war in speeches delivered in October of 2002:

Hillary

Obama

At the time, I fully agreed with what Hillary said, and I still firmly believe that the war could have gone successfully with a more competent administration running it. That said, there is wisdom (and eerie prescience) in what Obama said - the decision to go to war should not be taken lightly, and in the case of Iraq, he made a good case that ran against the conventional wisdom of the time. Obama is one of the few anti-war politicians I respect - he took a position and stuck with it, and didn't hinge his entire political life on the failure of the war. Contrast him with Hillary's recent "revelation" that she was duped on the war. I don't know if I'd ultimately vote for him as President, but I'm rooting for Obama to win the Democratic nomination.

Monterrey trip was wicked sweet. Details to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;