1.17.2007

Iced in, Day 3


LCRA was shut down for the last two days (along with the rest of Austin, San Antonio, and for all I know, the United States of America), so I have mostly passed the time by drinking coffee and watching movies (I did venture out to Galaxy Cafe this afternoon for a little while.). Here's what I've watched:

Clerks II - Disgusting, but funny and a somewhat relatable to me in the non-disgusting bits about the "What am I going to do with my life" quandary. Maybe the best Kevin Smith movie since Chasing Amy.

Match Point - Woody Allen film about marital infidelity. More of a tragedy than a comedy for sure...

Grizzly Man
- A documentary about Timothy Treadwell, an environmental activist who lived among grizzly bears for 13 summers. Imagine a man who looks like Prince Valiant with a video camera in one hand with the other reaching out to pet a grizzly bear, and you have the general idea. Pretty good movie - I actually recommend this one.

Harry Potter 1-4 - I read the books, and loved them, so I finally decided to sit down and watch the movies. The strongest point of the movies is the casting - every actor and actress embodies their character flawlessly. That said, I prefer all the nuances that are found in the books.

Hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow - I miss my office, and I may walk there tomorrow if I have to...

1 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger Micah R Ledbetter said...

I just watched Match Point. I HATEHATEHATE movies like that. Woody Allen thinks he's avante garde by creating a movie with crap characters and a completely suck ending, with a bonus "life is meaningless" meme which really should have gone out of style by now.

I do not understand why anyone would 1) watch 2) make or 3) produce this movie. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;