10.16.2005

A Good Texas Weekend

Before I start, let me apologize for not writing much in the aftermath of the OU game. After 27 holes of golf, about 3 pounds of meat (and a 6 am breakfast at Waffle House), and 5 years of heartache wiped out in one day, I was wiped out as well. That said, it just felt like another game. Oklahoma wasn't that good, and Texas could have played better. Mission Ain't Accomplished yet...

I was actually much more worried about Colorado coming into this weekend. They had just dismantled Texas A&M, and looked a lot like the team that beat Texas in the 2001 Big 12 Championship. I shouldn't have been...

So let me sum up the weekend, starting between the hours of 2:30 and 6:30 on Saturday afternoon:

1) Texas beat Colorado handily in a flawless performance, especially by Vince (25-29 for 336 yards and 2 TD's, with 3 additional TD's running). Tommy and I left for Double Dave's in the 3rd Quarter...

2) ...where the Astros were in a close game with St. Louis and Clemens pitching, and Notre Dame had a lead on USC. Both games ended up ending within a couple of minutes of one another, so the crowd in the place was cheering with each turn in each game. To sum up - The Astros won 4-3 on a save by Brad Lidge, and USC won a game that they were very fortunate to win (I mean this - Leinart was stopped at the 1 with 7 seconds left, and if he didn't fumble the ball out of bounds, the clock would have run out). If USC had lost, Texas would be number 1 today, but they won, so we'll have to wait until January to be #1.

3) And the Coup de Resistance - The Walker, Texas Ranger Movie on CBS at 9 tonight. My heart is aflutter, and for those of you scoring at home (or even if you're alone...), I will be keeping a diary...

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger ellen said...

grey's anatomy is better than walker, texas ranger any night of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;