4.24.2007

Good stuff I've watched...

...in the last couple of weeks, due to too much free time in front of the TV:

Band of Brothers - HBO miniseries about a company of American paratroopers who, in the course of a year, land at Normandy on D-Day, hold their ground in the Battle of the Bulge, liberate a concentration camp and secure Hitler's secret mountain fortress. Excellently done, with more than a few dusty moments in it - I plan to show it to my cousin Jacob when he comes next month.

The Last of the Mohicans
- Epic movie based on James Fenimore Cooper story from Colonial-era America. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Hawkeye, an absolute badass who risks all for the love of Madeline Stowe.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - I loved this movie as a kid, and watching it as an adult, I'm amazed at how well-done it was in just about every way. I think George Will considers it the best "movie" ever, as it provides perfect escapist entertainment.

In other news...

I have a project in construction in Boerne right now, which means that I get out of the office at least once a week to enjoy Spring in the Hill Country. I probably should take some pictures when I go out tomorrow, of construction and of the Hill Country.

On Saturday, I think a few of us will pack in a van and go out to Fredericksburg to tour a couple of wineries, and to have a walk around in Fredericksburg. I'm looking forward to this trip so much that I've offered to be the designated driver...

That's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;