5.24.2007

I discovered something today...

...and that something is this: I work best when I'm cranky. Today, I was downright ornery. I have a bad sinus infection, but I had to go to work today to finish up a drawing package with a looming deadline, then I had to go to Boerne to meet with a contractor who couldn't wait till Friday to have me answer some questions for him. I got a lot done today, and I'm guessing it was because I didn't want to be there in the first place...

Some other items from the last few days:

1) I saw Chalk, a small independent film about teachers by Mike Akel and Chris Mass of Hope Chapel that has won numerous awards. I loved it. It was very funny, and treated its subject with honesty and affection. It captures the experience of high school as accurately as Dazed and Confused did, but does so from a teacher's perspective. The movie pulled in over $13,000 last weekend at Alamo Drafthouse, and expands to North Austin, Chicago, and Dallas this week. I recommend it highly, and so does my cousin Jacob (he loved it)...

2) Last Saturday, I killed a little time at Woods Fun Center looking at motorcycles. As far as vices go, motorcycles are not unlike heroin, except that motorcycles are much more addictive and dangerous. I sat on several bikes, and I kept thinking, "I liked my last bike more than this one. I wonder if Nick (the guy I sold it to) would be interested in selling it..."

...And lo and behold, I ran into Nick and his wife Claire at Alamo Drafthouse on my way in to see Chalk the next day. Before I could ask him, he asks me if I'd be interested in buying it back (Uh, yeah...). Apparently, Nick had the leaky forks fixed, and apart from a broken brake lever and a tear in the seat, the bike's in good shape. Here's a picture:


That's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;