12.03.2006

Caroling

I met a few friends and a few thousand fellow Austinites at the Capitol steps last night to sing Christmas carols and light the Capitol Christmas tree. John Aeilli, the host of Eklectikos on KUT, led us, and did a great job. The atmosphere was peaceful and fun - it reminded me of the Christmas parties I went to as a kid.

We strolled down Congress Avenue afterwards and listened to a variety of street musicians, including a techno-rock group performing the Nutcracker, a jazz quartet, clog dancers and a Spanish dancing group. We stopped at the Austin Museum of Art and viewed a collection of New York Avant Garde work from the 1950's to the 1970's. It wasn't our style (I think most people have realized the downside to anarchy in 2006), but I guess all art can't appeal to everyone.

Not too much else going on - I'm working on grad school applications the next few weeks. I've settled on City Planning or City Management for reasons that I'll probably elaborate on later. All advice is welcome and appreciated...

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kelly :) said...

It was way fun! Despite the attempted political correctness.

On another politically correct note...

It is important to note that "Spanish" and "Mexican" are NOT the same thing. Ballet Folklorico is Mexican folk dancing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;