12.18.2006

OK, so I finally saw Grey's Anatomy...

...and I've figured it out - identical premise to Ally McBeal (Centered around angst-ridden yuppie woman, office full of other attractive angst-ridden co-workers, quirky plots and love triangles galore), but in a doctor's office. I liked Ally McBeal (My old roommate Chris Hairel got me hooked on it), but like Grey's Anatomy, it slid in quality after a couple of seasons.

So with that out of the way, allow me to discuss something near and dear to my heart...


The early reviews on Rocky Balboa have actually been pretty good. The first Rocky is probably one of my ten favorite films. It features a gritty mid-70's Philadelphia, Stallone before he became a star and maybe the most effective fight scene ever. It even won an Academy Award. Rocky is the quintessential uplifting underdog movie - it gets dusty in the room everytime I watch it.

Eric and I plan to go see Rocky Balboa Thursday night at Alamo Drafthouse, where they will afford us the opportunity to punch a side of beef, compete in a raw egg eating contest and view trailers from all four of the previous Rocky films (It's a well-known fact that Rocky V never happened, much like Star Wars Episodes I-III never happened.). It may even be a good occasion for a diary. I haven't done a diary in awhile. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

backg

round:#123;